How to Clean & Care for Valplast Flexible Partial Dentures
You'll be glad to know that most patients become immediately accustomed to their comfortable and light-weight Valplast restoration.
However, you may experience a brief adjustment period, especially if you have never worn a dental appliance before.
Should you experience any persistent irritation, please consult your dentist so that he or she can make necessary adjustments to your appliance.
Valplast restorations, like your own teeth, require care and good oral hygiene. To keep your Valplast restoration looking and feeling like new, please follow these simple directions:
- Cleanse the Valplast appliance daily and keep it in water or in denture cleaner whenever it is not being worn to keep the surface hydrated. Val-Clean Denture Cleaner or FDC Flexible Denture Disinfectant & Cleaner will safely, quickly, and effectively maintain the cleanliness of Valplast partials as well as other removable dental appliances.
- Soak your Valplast appliance in Val-Clean or FDC for 10-15 minutes a day. Some appliances may occasionally need to be soaked overnight. Store brands of denture cleaners are not recommended for cleaning a Valplast appliance, as they are not effective and may contain ingredients that can damage the Valplast or its colour.
- Loose particles can be removed with the use of a Sonic Denture Cleaner or by placing the appliance under running water. Brushing a Valplast appliance is not recommended as this may remove the polish and roughen the surface over time. Toothpaste and toothbrushes may scratch or dull the surface of your Valplast appliance. We recommend the use of the Flexible Denture Brush as it will not harm your Valplast denture. Be sure to remove your Valplast restoration whenever you brush your natural teeth.
- Whenever possible, rinse your Valplast appliance after eating to remove food particles.
- Please keep the appliance out of reach from pets. Dogs and other pets find dental appliances to be attractive chew toys!
- Valplast appliances are very durable and are designed to give long term performance under normal usage. Please note that the Valplast base material will resist fracture or breakage better than the synthetic teeth that are embedded in it. Small accidents such as dropping the appliance in the sink or on the floor will not damage the Valplast, but may cause the teeth to fracture. Please handle the appliance with care.
- Remember to brush your natural teeth and gums regularly as directed by your dentist.
- Contact your dentist if you experience any discomfort from your dental restoration or if you ever have any abnormality with your natural teeth or gums.
You can purchase Val-Clean from Dental Aesthetics via our online shop