- Customer Reviews
Nitradine Tablets are the universal choice for cleaning and safely disinfecting all types of removable dental appliances including retainers, mouthguards and biteguards.
Its effectiveness and simplicity of use make it the ideal choice for complete peace of mind when it comes to appliance hygiene. Nitradine comes in tablet form saving you time and hassle.
Nitradine® Tablets ~ New Packaging
Nitradine Tablets have been repackaged and rebranded.
These patented disinfecting tablets, previously sold under two different banners, are now being merged into one.
The brands being merged are Nitradine Junior Ortho & Nitradine Senior Dentures. These tablets are exactly the same and now are now boxed in a more cost effective and environmentally friendly way.
Nitradine Ortho, suitable for cleaning and disinfecting :
- Wire Retainers
- Essix Retainers
- Clear Aligners
- Bruxism Appliances
- Anti Snore Devices
In addition to its disinfecting biofilm removal, Nitradine® has other unique features:
- High cleaning efficacy (removal of stains)
- Compatible with all types of synthetic polymers
- Non corrosive to metals
- Non irritating and non allergic
- Anti-halitosis formula
- Effective removal of dental plaque
For optimum cleaning results we recommend the use of Nitradine Junior Ortho Cleaning Tablets in a Sonic Cleaner. We offer bundle discounts when you buy these products together.
Directions for use
- Before using Nitradine® Ortho, brush, cleanse and rinse the appliance as usual.
- Immerse the dental appliance in a glass of lukewarm water (approx.150ml), or in a Sonic Cleaner filled with lukewarm water.
- Add one tablet to the water.
- Make sure the appliance is fully covered with water. For regular bacteria and yeast infection, allow it to soak for 15 minutes in the solution. To ensure that your appliance is free of all viruses, soak it for 1 hour in the solution.
- Remove the appliance from the solution and rinse well under water before replacing in the mouth. If a taste should remain on your appliance after replacing it in your mouth, place it in lukewarm water for 10 minutes.
Recommended dosage: One tablet two times per week, in conjunction with the daily use of Nitradine Shine Removable Appliance Toothpaste.
Intensive treatment: Use the tablet initially every day for two weeks. After this two week period has elapsed, use two times per week as part of your cleansing routine.
Nitradine ® solution reacts in 3 steps:
- Penetrates into micro-porosities
- Destroys micro-organisms in micro-porosities
- Removes micro-organisms from micro-porosities
All removable dentures and orthodontic appliances are made of porous material in which micro-organisms (fungi, bacteria and viruses) can infiltrate, attach and form biofilm, a three dimensional protective matrix in which they build up eventually causing denture stomatitis (more commonly referred to as “denture thrush”).
Denture Stomatitis results in discomfort such as:
- Burning sensations
- Generalized gum pain
- Cracked mouth corners (cheilitis)
- Bad breath (halitosis)
Candida albicans is one of the main causes of denture stomatitis and cannot be removed easily by every day denture cleansers. Nitradine® is scientifically proven to be highly effective in eliminating microbial biofilm from all types of synthetic polymers used for the manufacturing of dentures and removable orthodontic appliances.
Nitradine Tablets Ingredients : Citric Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lactose Monohydrate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Monopersulfate, Sodium Carbonate, Peppermint Flavour, PVP.